For many homeowners, a house fire is their top concern. In many cases, electrical failures, especially wiring, are the cause of home fires. Here are a few signs that your home’s wiring needs to be replaced.
If you notice a burning odor in your home, it could indicate an electrical short or fire in the area. If it’s a short in the wiring behind a wall, the material around it could easily catch fire. Be sure to call an electrician immediately to locate and address the issue before it’s too late. Always keep a fire extinguisher on hand in case of an emergency fire.
Circuit Breakers Begin to Trip
Circuit breakers will begin to trip to protect the home from catching on fire. When a circuit breaker becomes overloaded, that’s when a trip will occur. A circuit breaker may go out if there are too many high amp appliances that are plugged into a single unit. There also may be a short in the electrical wiring. In any case, contact an electrician to ensure everything is working properly and there are no bigger problems present.
Lights That Are Dimming or Flickering
If a circuit is overloaded, lights will begin to dim and/or flicker. Overloaded circuits due to appliance usage are usually quite common and aren’t typically dangerous. However, if you notice the lights are dimming beyond using the appliance or if the appliance is tripping the breaker there could be a more serious reason – this is the time to call an electrician.
If a homeowner doesn’t pay attention to the warning signs, a fire can occur at any moment.
In any of these instances, it’s important to contact a licensed electrician before anything goes wrong. Contact the expert team at Electric Blue today at (303) 790-8813 for all your electrical needs.